A question I am constantly asked by homesteaders is, 'How can I make money off of my homestead?'
If you have just started your homestead journey, you have probably recently celebrated some awesome milestones like harvesting from your garden, or getting your first chicken egg.
Now you want to start covering some of the costs of homesteading. You are in the first phase of the Homestead Business Success Path (more on that here).
Depending on what you are growing and raising on your homestead, you have a TON of options. There are many things you produce on a regular basis that your community would be more than happy to buy or barter from you. Homesteaders often forget how valuable the things they produce are, simply because they have an abundance all around them.
If you are ready to start making money off of your homestead, your first step is to decide what you are going to sell.
Here are 31 ways you can make money off of your homestead:
VEGETABLES & FRUIT
- Grow a market garden to sell at Farmers Market
- Build a roadside produce stand and sell your extra fruits and vegetables
- Grow gourmet mushrooms (easy & profitable)
PLANTS & GARDEN
- Sell plant seedlings and bedding plants
- Sell fertilizer and compost
- Make and sell herbal tinctures
- Sell dried florals, magnolia leaves, Spanish moss, or pine needles on Etsy
- Sell honey and beeswax
- Sell seasoned salt made with your own herbs
- Sell handcrafted tea blends with your own herbs and edible flowers
- Sell apple cider vinegar and fire cider
- Make and sell infused vinegars
ARTISAN & HOMEMADE PRODUCTS
- Sell artisan lotions, soaps and salves
- Make and sell bees wax candles
- Make and sell Christmas wreaths and garlands
- Grow and sell mini succulents on Etsy
TREES, WOODWORKING & LUMBER
- Sell lumber and wood from your homestead
- Make and sell bee hive boxes
- Sell hand-crafted garden beds
LIVE ANIMALS & LIVESTOCK
- Sell chicken, geese, ducks, turkeys or quail eggs for hatching
- Sell Muscovy ducks or guinea fowl for pest control
- Raise quail, pheasants or other gamebirds for hunters
- Sell milk cows, dairy goats or dairy sheep
- Raise fiber animals and spin the fiber into yarn to sell
- Start an u-pick fruit, veggie and berry garden
- Make a pumpkin patch or corn maze
- Open a farm store with homemade ice cream
CLASSES & WORKSHOPS
- Host fermentation classes online or in-person
- Host bees wax candle classes online or in-person
- Host gardening classes online or in-person
- Create and sell a homestead related online course
Want to find even more ideas? Download our FREE ebook, 101+ Ways To Make Money On Your Homestead.